Friday, May 1, 2009

Big Shot Quilt


The Bella Rose DSP is my absolute favorite! When I was in Salt Lake City last year at convention, I was so hoping that the "big announcement" was going to be a new line of fabric featuring these beautiful prints. Instead the announcement was about the new Big Shot for Stampin' Up! So, I decided to put the two ideas together to make this patchwork quilt card. I love the way it turned out. I only wish I could have the real thing to snuggle up under!!

To make the quilt, you need a 4 1/4"x 5 3/8" piece of Whisper White cardstock
on top of that, you place your 1 1/4" squares of DSP (it is fun to mix and match the prints!)
Then, you run the whole thing through the Big Shot using the Top Note die
you will then run it through the big shot using the texture plates #1 (large polka dots) it is hard to see in the picture.
I used a black journaler to add in the stitching betweeen the squares
I sponged around the edges with Chocolate Chip ink to add extra dimension.

No comments:

Post a Comment